Navigator, the world’s best-selling premium office paper, challenges you to take part in a global writing contest: “Around the World in 80 Pages ”.
They want to challenge your creativity and reach out to your unforgettable travel memories. It is a writing contest for those who are always ready to LIVE and TELL. This global writing competition will be launched in more than 110 countries where the best-selling premium office paper brand is present and the participants will be challenged to write a story (of about 2500 characters) about their most memorable journey, sharing it along with 3 photos that help convey the story.
“The idea is to strengthen the image and increase brand awareness of Navigator as a leading premium office paper brand through interactions with consumers and reaching out to their creativity by using our paper as a means of expressing emotions and experiences. By making the most of out of this combination we’ll also be positioning paper as the preferred means of communication to extend our stories and memories”, explained Ricardo Ferreira, Navigator’s global brand manager, reinforcing that “this campaign is also a challenge to consumer’s emotions, that will be expressed in their most memorable journeys, and immortalized in the form of a book whose authors will be themselves.”
The best part of the Navigator Around the World in 80 Pages the idea is that I am a member of the jury panel who will be selecting the best stories and photographs. Of course that I was very honored with this invitation and immediately said yes. So many of you speak with me, telling me that you have stories to tell…Well, this is your big chance!
But there is more… This is not just some lame writing and photography contest. Navigator is the world leader in office paper, and as a leading brand it will offer a total of €10.000 in travel vouchers to the top 8 stories and a digital Canon camera to the best picture. And, If that wasn’t enough, in case your story makes it to the top 80, you will see published in the “Navigator Around the World in 80 Pages” book. Inspired yet? Have a look at my own story, a sort of short teaser of my authorship, so you can be inspired and put your heart into that sheet of paper and describe your most memorable journey.
About the Navigator Around the World in 80 Pages competition
Between October 13th, 2015 until December 31st, 2015, and all of those who are interested in sharing their stories and photos should register at www.navigatoraroundtheworld.com. Each person can share as many stories as they want, but do bear in mind that our patience has limits, so only upload the stories which you think are #1 contenders. The same thing with the 3 photos for each story. Remember 2500 characters is a very small space in which to fit an engaging story, so make every (correctly written) word count. Here is some more inspiration for you.
On the 15th of January 2016, Navigator will publish on their website the top 80 stories, in accordance to the brand’s philosophy of “compelling unforgettable travel memories”. These 80 stories will go on to be published in the book I mentioned earlier. The jury panel will follow to grade each one of the 80 stories in a scale from 1 to 10. Only the top 8 stories win prizes.
The winners will be announced 1st of March 2016 and there will be an award ceremony.The book will be published and sent to each author of the 80 top stories.
Here is the prize breakdown:
1st place: the story with the highest score wins a 2500€ travel voucher for a destination of winner’s choice.
2nd place: the story with the second highest score wins a 1500€ travel voucher for a destination of winner’s choice.
3rd to 8th place: the remaining 6 stories win a 1o00€ travel voucher each for a destination of winner’s choice.
The best photo, regardless of belonging to the top 8 stories, wins a Canon EOS 750D.
Be part of this story.
TELL, WIN, GO!
Go to navigatoraroundtheworld.com and share it with us.
Navigator… lead the way.
Terms and Conditions
ELIGIBILITY & RULES
Around the world in 80 Pages – Navigator Global Writing Contest is open to all individuals over 18 years of age.
1st phase – submission1. Text proposals shall be submitted directly on the website.
2. All texts must be submitted in English and have up to 2500 characters.
3. Candidates shall assign a title to the story and identify the country where it took place.
Candidates must ensure they have secured the appropriate rights and clearances for the texts and images submitted. Navigator will not be liable for any copyright, trademark, patent infringement or for non-payment grievances held against entrants.
4. Winners agree to transmit all copyright for their proposals to Navigator.
5. Entries received after 23:59 (GMT) of the 31st of December 2015 will not be considered valid.
6. Every person can participate with more than one story, as long as the narratives of the episodes take place in different countries.
7. The contact for queries related with the contest is: email@example.com
– Ability to engage and inspire the reader;
– Ability to convey the experience;
– Originality of the style;
– Realness: Real stories told by real people;9. The authors of the 80 stories selected will be revealed on the 11th of January at www.navigatoraroundtheworld.com. They will also be notified by e-mail.10. Navigator reserves the right to publish these 80 stories (and respective pictures) in a Navigator book, edited under this contest purpose. The same applies to the winning picture if it isn’t among the first 80.
3rd phase – winners announcement10. The 80 texts selected will be assessed by an independent jury panel, who will select the 10 winners based on the same criteria referred above. The 10 winners will be announced on the 1st of March 2015 on the contest website.
11. Prizes will be delivered to the winners by a Navigator representative. When not possible, Navigator will guarantee its delivery by post or DHL.
12. Navigator reserves the right to use the winning proposals (texts and pictures) in the promotion and communication of the Around the World in 80 Pages – Navigator Global Writing Contest – in 2015 and following years.
13. Navigator reserves the right to make any necessary changes to the 80 proposals selected, in order to guarantee that these meet proper English spelling and grammar rules.
14. Decisions made by the jury are final.
Note: Winners will be notified by e-mail and will have seven (7) days from receipt of notification to acknowledge Winner status. Navigator is not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify winners. If a selected Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to acknowledge status, or fails to comply with any term or condition of these Contest Conditions, a prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner may be selected.
The judging panel for Around the world in 80 Pages – Navigator Global Writing Contest combines awarded travel writers and bloggers, as well as a gPS Executive Director and Navigator’s Brand Manager.
1st Place: 2.500€ voucher for a destination of winner’s choice.
2nd Place: 1.500€ voucher for a destination of winner’s choice.
3rd to 8th Place: 1.000€ voucher (each) for a destination of winner’s choice.
All 80 writers with selected stories: Around the World in 80 Pages book!
The best photo will win a Canon EOS 750D
This post is a part of my ongoing partnership with Navigator in the scope of the Around the World in 80 pages competition. All opinions are my own.